http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/337/asInline.html

Sunday 21 December 2014

Future plans

I personally feel that we are fed with alot of lies when we were students. Everyone always advice and promise us pretty much the same thing : study hard, get good pointers and you will get a job of your dreams.

Let me tell you this : it's all lies!! Once you graduate with a scroll, you get a taste of the bitter scary world out there.

I graduated with first class honors and my scroll is literally collecting dust in my drawer.

There are very few of us who actually got a job related to the course we studies for  in university. A number of them are still unemployed. Some decided to further their studies with hopes that they will land the job of their dreams.

And then there are the small fraction who has join the corporate world with the mindset at least we have a job that pays the bills.

I fall under that category. I am horrified thinking about my future because this is not part of my post graduation plan.

Where did I go wrong? I studied hard, obtained good pointers, was involved in extra-curricular activities. So where did I fail?

I guess none of us did fail but the education system did.

Thousands  of student graduate with a degree and quite a number of them are unemployed.

No we are not choosy when it comes to job but I do believe that we deserve to have a choice when it comes to our future.

So many of us fall victim to the failed education system of the country.

It doesnt matter anymore if you have graduated with top grades, it doesn't matter if you speak and write fluent English.

It is all about contacts and who knows you.

You have good contacts and you will nail the job.

Yeap. That's the bitter truth. That's what they should teach us in school.

I don't see this changing anytime soon.
I just hope all those students who weaving dreams and hopes to land a job of their dreams stay strong because reality bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.